Hi to everyone.
I’ve released my first release of orabbix.
Orabbix is a plug-in for zabbix, and more or less do the same work of check_ora BUT has this pros (compared with shell script):
- connection pool
- use log4j
- is completely in java
- you don’t need more to install an oracle client (simply download this package and install)
- you will neve see listener.log on oracle server that grown anc ocntinue to grown (because in check_ora for every query there is a new connection) here everything is solved with connection pooling
- you have a log wrote with log4j
- is wrote in java so can run on windows and linux machine without troubles
This is my first initial release so please give any feedback to me and in particular this is tested on redhat EL 5.3 and with java-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64 prm package it’s tested also with java jre 1.6.0_10, actually work with Zabbix server 1.6.6.
everyone can donwload the release here:
* This software is released orabbix is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
* terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
* Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later
* orabbix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
* WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more